Rev. Tatsuyu Yoshida came to Kapaa and began missionary work by renting a house from a Chinese owner in 1911. The second resident minister, Rev. Gentetsu Harada arrived and built a Temple in September 1912, soon after a Japanese Language School was organized. The present Hondo was completed in 1951 while the social hall was rebuilt in 1977.
Our minister is Rev. Kosen Ishikawa.